Sunday, February 27, 2011

Buffalo Wild Wings

Here I go again.

Last night I went to see my good friends and we decided to try out Buffalo Wild Wings that just opened recently in New Brunswick, NJ on Rt. 1.

I’ve seen the commercials and had my mouth water at the food that they paraded on the television screen and the sight of those big screen TV’s full of sports made my eyes pop straight out of my skull. So, I was eager to try this place.

Walking into the restaurant you are hit by all the sports paraphernalia on the walls and everywhere there were rows of flat screen televisions with every sporting event that was on at that time. Pretty girls dressed as referees served food to the tables and in the center of the room was a huge bar.

The menus revealed a delectable assortment of foods with an array of different sauces from Sweet BBQ to Mango Habanero (Ryan’s sauce of choice for his wings). There was even every type of beer a man could want as well as an assortment of different liquors. Stephanie had a martini and seemed to enjoy that maraschino cherries they added. Ryan and I enjoyed a tall glass of Blue Moon with a slice of orange ornately perched on the rim of the glass.

We eagerly made our orders. We ordered appetizers of Ultimate Nachos and pulled pork Slammers from the Starters menu. For my meal, I had the Honey BBQ Bacon Chicken Sandwich and could not wait for it to arrive.

As normally occurs when in a restaurant, we got engrossed in conversation and almost forgot that our food had yet to arrive. This is where the good times turned slightly askew. All the food came out at the same time!

They delivered our meals, our Slammers and our Ultimate Nachos! And to boot, they were either luke warm or cold!

Now, I’m not going to tell you that the food stunk. Far from it, it was actually very good, aside from needing to be a bit warmer and the appetizers brought out prior to the rest of the meal. I don’t know if this is how Buffalo Wild Wings does things or it was the fault of our server. There was agitation in our group to be sure. There was even talk of forestalling a tip!

But we did eat and drink our fill. And the atmosphere was great. I kind of had a bit of sensory overload trying to determine what game to watch. And I was there with some very very good friends.

There are three other locations in New Jersey; the closest to me is in Eatontown in the Monmouth County Mall. There is also one in Bridgewater and one in Watchung. I hope to visit them again and hope for a better experience. At least I hope that my food is hot.

UPDATE: they opened a restaurant here in my hometown.

No comments: